MapTool Release History
This article is a stub, you can help the RPTools Wiki project by contributing content to expand this article.
This article needs: Highlights of each release.
MapTool Release History
This is the release history of MapTool starting from 1.4 included.
Each entry will contain the version, date of release and highlights of the release. A link to the release on Github will also be provided.
The list shows the major releases of MapTool, denoted by the first two digit in the version number.
Minor releases, differentiated by the third digit is usually bug fixes and will not be included here, unless they are of special significance.
- New VBL modes - Hill and pit.
- New Easy Connect mode for making it easier to connect to a server using public keys.
- Initial support for Add-on libraries.
- New and updated macro functions.
- User database with encrypted passwords and public key support for logging in to MapTool servers plus macro functions for accessing database.
- WebRTC supported for connecting to servers without using port-forwarding.
- Access HTML/CSS/JS content on lib:tokens via URI from dialogs/frames/overlays plus new macro functions to open dialogs/frames/overlays using URIs.
- GIF anim support in dialogs, frame5 and overlays.
- More performance improvements for Fog of War handling.
- New macro functions, bug fixes and localization translations.
- Development moved to AdoptOpen Java 16.
- Maps now have a Display Name (Players) and a True Name (GM).
- More image types supported along with beginnings of support for non-image assets.
- Quality of Life improvements: pan map with arrow keys, select drawings on map for deletion, hotkeys for image flip.
- Improved performance and consistency for paths from AI pathfinding including improvements for paths for large tokens.
- Additional UI elements available in full-screen mode.
- Critical fixes for two security vulnerabilities. Use of all previous versions of MapTool should be discontinued.
- Significant improvements in macro run times giving a 4x to 10x (and sometimes more) reduction in run times.
- Macro errors now produce a call stack showing the macro calls leading to the error.
- ISO-8859-1 character support. Can now use accented characters in Token Properties and macros.
- A number of Initiative improvements/enhancements
- New macro functions for math operations on lists and arrays.
- New Macro function markdownToHTML() converts text in Markdown to HTML.
- Look & Feel themes accessible from the Themes menu.
- New GM option to disable the use of the Edit Token dialog by players.
- Issue with decimal point in Map Units per Cell for European locales fixed.
- New overlay() function allows for transparent overlays over the map area. Think MMORPG-like GUI elements.
- New Overlay helper functions for management.
- The majority of the MapTool dialogs is now localizable.
- MapTool can now import the Dungeondraft Universal VTT export format.